Tuesday, March 16, 2010

.. surprise ..

What a day to kick start with; a surprise that i receive - a big mail package. It was a package from the Humaneity Foundation. A magazine of their full & recent activities & goals, 2 leaflets "passport" of the child i sponsored! No expectations of any materials from them when i first chose to communicate to find out how i could go about reaching to those "less fortunate" & after receiving some highlights, explanatory & reg. forms; my chk went out to the mail.

The act of reaching out in some way was not my 1st trial.. I have been wanting to do something since sometime back.. Is it life changes that got me into this "deep thoughts" or is it some "setback" that has gotten me into these? No..no.. surely not.. but i would admit my first reach-out mission experience has indeed "drilled" & "roasted" my heart with that desire. The image of that women carrying her baby crying out just for milk has never left my memory bank since 1990s. We could provide her all the $$ we have, but it's useless. Source and outlet that could cater those needs is something unreachable in their place of origin. sighhh... At that moment we could only pray and even till today she is still in my intercessing list whenever my memory bank strike that particular "byte".
Well, is always great to lend a hand to those that is less, wherever they are, whoever they are, we need not know them, neither they need to know who we are.. bear in mind dun claim fame, name, recognization, appreciation or whatever returns. Contentment is the greatest source leading peace, joy & harmony to oneself. Am i bragging?.. ha..ha.. take it that i am then :)


No comments:

Post a Comment